Friday, March 16, 2012

blossoms, monuments, desserts


I'm tired.   This has been a long week.  Wednesday night Hannah went bowling with the Beehives, R and E went to soccer and scouts and Lu and I drove out to the Bowie ward's New Beginning.  It was a long drive (an hour and a half one way) but we had a good time and their program was awesome. 
Last night I had a meeting at the stake center.  It went well, I think, but I didn't get home until 11.  Getting used to my new responsibilities is taking some time. 

Today R and I went to the temple.  We got all the kids off to school then we left.  We had a great day together.  There was a cute little old temple worker there that I see quite often, another sister asked her how often she was there and she said she works  5 days a week, she and her husband started together, then he passed and they let her stay.  She has now been working at the temple for 17 years. 
After we went to this cute restaurant called "bread & chocolate", it was delicious and charming. (we may or may not have had 3 desserts :) )  Lastly we drove by the tidal basin to see the blossoms and stopped by the Jefferson memorial (our first visit), we didn't have much time but really wanted to stop so we parked the car (ahem somewhere we may or may not have been permitted to) and ran up as fast as we could, looked around, ran back to the car and rushed home to get the kids from school.  We made it, barely.  The memorial was very nice, I need to get back when we have time.

3 comments:

  1. I must have missed something. What is your new calling?

    What a lovely temple date! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the fb photo of that "bread and chocolate". I think it qualifies as dessert : ) I felt my blood sugar rise just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went to another ward's new beginnings??? Are you serving in the Stake?

    How sweet that the little sister has been serving for 17 years--how wonderful would that be. I am reminded of Elder Holland's talk about the sweet little sisters who go to the temple and carry their temple bags which are bigger than they are ; )

    ReplyDelete