Friday, March 9, 2012

first cavities

It was a busy week, although looking back I am not all together sure what occupied my time so fully.

Sunday we met at the Calvert building, our new presidency and our families, to be set apart.  Before the setting apart Pres. Sakai gave us some words of council.  It was a lovely meeting.  I was happy to meet all the sisters I will be working with and to hear instruction from our stake president.  We have a lot of work ahead of us, work I am excited to do, and anxious about :) 

Monday I took the car in to Mr. Tire and spent the morning waiting for it, then went to the grocery store, then came home to get ready for FHE.  We had invited the Davis' over for dinner/ FHE and we had a really fun time visiting and playing with them.

On Tuesday I painted our music room a cheery yellow, which resulted in an emergency trip to Target to buy different curtains.  The gold and red we had clashed but the new white ones are crisp and bright.  Love it.

Wednesday was scouts and YW, also we had our first presidency meeting which resulted in a sigh of relief for us all.  It's good to know what we are doing and to be about it.  I love the sisters already, they are sweet and wise and we laughed a lot.  What tremendous blessings come from being in the service of our God together.

Thursday was dentist day for the children.  E and H got clean bills of health along with their new toothbrushes and happy teeth stickers.  Lu has two cavities and has to go back next week to fill them :(

Today I subbed kindergarten and it was wild.  But now I am home and it's quiet (R took the kids out for take out so I am alone).  When he gets back we will kiss them all and leave them under Hannah's watchful care while we go out to eat.  Love the Friday night dates with my man.

1 comment: