Thursday, June 2, 2011

scenes of summer

Our neighborhood pool opened this weekend!  We missed the big hur-rah  but got our passes today and headed over to check it out.  I think it will be a favorite hang out this summer.  Several of E's friends were there swimming and they had a great time trying to drown each other.  H wished some of her friends were there but they weren't and she was stuck swimming with me.  Lu was just busy practicing flips, and strokes and touching her nose to the bottom.
When we got home H and I made Caribbean chicken with coconut rice while Lu went to the garden to catch frogs. She got four.  That little blue speck in the middle of the picture is her :)  This morning while we were walking to the bus I let the kids go on their scooters, which is unusual because normally I don't want to carry them back  home, but I was feeling nice and the temp was perfect and the sun shining brightly so I said they could.  Big mistake.  They both got ahead of me and then before I knew it Lu hit a bump or something and toppled over the top of her scooter and onto the sidewalk.  She skinned her knee and elbow, luckily she had her helmet on.  We had to limp home and get her cleaned up, then I drove her to school. Poor Lucy ballerina!

1 comment:

  1. Darn it, but look at the bright side. No swassy girls, you didn't have to walk a mile to get back home, and no boiling juice!

    ReplyDelete