Wednesday, June 1, 2011

hello june!

Oh my goodness, I've been waiting for summer and warm weather and during the long, rainy, winter months it felt like it was never going to get here.  Now it's arrived.  The sun is hot, our flowers are blooming and the days are long.  We have been enjoying dinners on the deck, waking up to the sun shining through the blinds (even though it's only 6am) and wearing flip flops and shorts.
I turned the calendar on my bathroom wall and the new picture was one of a girl sitting on the summit of a rock looking out over a huge canyon, she is gazing at the horizon and I imagine thinking about all she has accomplished getting up there, and all that is to come. 
Of course it made me think of my two little chickies, ready to leave the nest.  In just 12 days we will be driving across the country and they will be starting new lives, grown up lives.  Did I do all I needed to to prepare them?  probably not.  They are awesome despite mistakes and omissions and the bumps and bruises of life. Hopefully also because of the love they've had, and the good things that have come their way. 
I lack the words to express the feelings in my heart.  I am so proud of them and excited for them.  At the same time I hate Utah, and how far away it is, and how it's taken all my girls...
I will miss them awfully terribly much.  I will miss laughing with them in the kitchen.  I will miss laying in bed and talking.  I will miss hugs.  I will miss playing "who is cuter Edward or Jacob?, William or Harry?, Eugene or the cartoon prince from enchanted?" and it's many variations. I miss the babies they were and the beautiful young women they are and how that is all wrapped up in my heart to make up Jenna and Sierra.  I will miss having them down the hall.  Really I can't even think about it.  Having done it once doesn't make it easier...in fact it's like facing labor the 2nd or 3rd time, it's worse because you know how awful and hard it is. The first time you are ignorant, the second time you know. 

1 comment:

  1. You've done a great job! In fact I always tell myself, that hopefully I will be as good of a mom as you are. That's my goal! Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete