Thursday, June 23, 2011

oh my gravy!!

after a pleasant dinner on the deck R made us go on a family bike ride.  We went to the wharf and back and up that hill was ha-ar-dd!  I had to stop and breathe more than once but I did not walk a single step.

For a bribe R said that anyone who didn't walk could stop at Crazy Larry's for a scoop of ice cream.  We all earned it but I only had a child's size because I didn't want to waste the pedaling.

We had a company rich day.  This morning Jeffrey and Ellie came over and we ended up inviting them to stay for lunch and swimming.  The kids had a great time playing together.  We also invited the McCombs, Laura had to take Josh to the doctor but Joseph and Maggie came.  I spent my time at the pool counting 6 heads, especially the little three ones.  However it was great fun for the kids and I didn't mind even when it rained. 

When Laura came to pick up her kids she stayed to visit for a while and that was really fun too :)  She also brought me a loaf of chocolate chocolate chip bread and lemon bread with nuts.  Ironically I made two loaves of banana bread and two of zucchini orange today so we have lots of sweet bread.

1 comment:

  1. hah! I thought I was the only person who said "gravy" any more- other than to talk about the actual substance. I say good gravy all the time-

    I have wanted to make banana bread for weeks now- and I can't seem to get it done. :( maybe tomorrow-

    ReplyDelete