Monday, June 20, 2011

scenes from the day

I came home to find three little kids glad to see me, not very much laundry and everything in order (thanks Nana and Abba!!)  Our gardens, both in the ground and in the planters are doing great.  I think we may start to harvest tomatoes as early as tomorrow.
Tonight for FHE we went on a family bike ride to McKays to buy some ice so we could make some awesome strawberry ice cream.  We hand cranked for awhile and then switched to the motor.  While it churned for us we had our lesson on the deck and then ate the world's best strawberry ice cream.  Even Millie helped :)  And she got to lick up everything that spilled on the deck.
R took E to cub scout day camp.  It was raining in the morning but they had a good time.  The theme is Medieval Times.   Here he is with some of the other Bears at target practice.
This picture is from when I was gone but they rode the same way today.  Lots of fun, we went about 4 miles and only one of us complained (and it wasn't even me)

J is doing well so far in school.  She had her first class this morning, Algebra.  She said she went in and it was huge, 80 students.  She sat down by a guy who was an RM from West Africa.  She told me he was cute and then she said "and now we're engaged!!"  Funny girl :)  LOL.  I have a feeling she will have a great time.

1 comment:

  1. LOL at the "we're engaged" comment. I'm sure she will be shocked to find girls in her ward who will be engaged after a date or two ; )

    So glad all was well at home.

    ReplyDelete