Thursday, December 20, 2018

Done

In October our dear prophet, President Russel M Nelson, challenged the women and girls of the church to read the Book Of Mormon by the end of the year. We were to read specifically to look for a strong testimony of Christ.

I had been wanting the new wide margin Book of Mormon and decided to get one especially for this reading. 

Fortunately we have a LDS bookstore near us. 
So I highlighted every reference to the Savior, and every thing He said or did as I read. I was a little surprised how much got highlighted. I knew it would be a lot but seeing it in living color was eye opening. Often Grace would walk in while I was reading and say “you might as well just color the whole page!” I also wrote notes in the margins of thoughts I had or lists of things that stood out to me.
It was a very sweet experience. I felt the spirit as I read. I noticed details and learned things that I had missed before, or forgotten or something. 

I am so grateful to have a living prophet on the earth today. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, which truly is another testament of Jesus Christ. Most of all I am grateful for a Savior. For His great love for us, for the blessings of the antonment, for His patience and long suffering, for His forgiveness and His love. We would be nothing and no where with out Him. We are saved by His redeeming grace and mercy. We are tutored but His  example, teachings and guidance.  I love Him and hope to be His disciple in my family, callings, neighborhood, whole life.

Now today I am back in 1 Nephi:)

No comments:

Post a Comment