Monday, December 31, 2018

another year ends

This morning I took Rob and Ethan to the airport at 4:45am. They had an unpleasant flight to LAX and now are there celebrating new years eve and looking forward to a full day of fun tomorrow.  
Then I came home and went back to bed.

Grace and I spent the morning cleaning.  I had planned for us to go up to Winter Park to see Mary Poppins and go to Cafe Rio (Grace's favorite).  She complained a lot about hating to go to the movies and begged not to, then she didn't want to go so far for lunch so we went to Disney Springs instead.  We ate at Raglan Rd, and the food was really good.  She had her favorite bangers and mash, I had a buffalo burger.  I really want to go back sometime in the evening because they have live music and dancing.  I wanted to do a little shopping...but no surprise she didn't.  
We did go to kohls on the way home and stopped at Books A Million.  So now I have a NYE companion (a new book to read).

Tomorrow Ashton is coming over to spend the day.  I offered to take the girls to the beach, the weather is perfect and I thought it would be an awesome way to start the new year.  Ashton wanted to but somehow Grace convinced her not to.  Oh that Lu is a lot of fun.

Yesterday we started our new "Come Follow Me, for Individuals and Families" right after church.  It is an awesome program and we learned that our family focused scripture study muscle is a little weak.  We did our hour of study and then chose a FHE topic for the week, that Grace will prepare, and got our individual assignments for the week.  I am not sure if that's how it's supposed to go but it seems like it went well so for now that's how we'll do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment