Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Cheaper than therapy

I had a good day. I spent it with friends.
After I dropped Rob off at work I met Amy for a walk. We went to Historic St Mary’s City and wandered the grounds. It was just a delight. We always have lots and lots to talk about and I feel like she is such a wonderful mentor and example to me. Our almost 3 hr walk went by sooo quickly. 
While we were walking we smelled the best baking bread smell. We followed our noses to a brand new bakery and bought hot, fresh, pan de chocolate that was the best, flaky, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, treat ever. We sat outside in the fresh air and enjoyed the melt in the mouth goodness. 

After our walk I had an hour to kill before lunch so I went to Target. Then went to Salsas. We had such a fun lunch catching up. The only small bummer was since we had a lot of people there it was hard to talk to everyone. I felt bad that I only got to spend a little time with some of the ladies. 

After lunch Colleen, Laura and Michelle and I went for pedicures and a little more talking time.

The beautiful view.

Alecia and little Brandon, Michelle, Tracie, Colleen, Johnna, Charlene, Kitty, Dari, Cecilia, me, Jennifer and Laura.


Our pastries.

In the evening Rob and I went out to dinner with Pete, stopped by to visit Katherine, and are now heading to a hotel near the airport.

It feels like home here. Also being with these friends is like coming home. I’m not sure why these particular relationships are so sweet. When we lived in TX we had some great friends. In California we had a few good friends but not a good group. Florida is too new to say. Maryland though was special. We had close, good, fun, wonderful friends.  I’m grateful we had a chance to visit and catch up and share some hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment