Sunday, October 7, 2018

good advice

Ziva found a new spa
Ziva went to the Woof Gang Bakery for her spa day.  Isn't that a cute name.  They did a great job and were quick so that was a win win.

We watched conference together on Saturday.  Big changes, in January we will only go to church for 2 hours on Sunday's.  It's a more home centered, church supported approach.  I think the announcement was received with mixed emotions.  I think lots of people are delighted.  I like the 3 hour block and will miss it but the Lord is preparing His people and His prophet has spoken so I will learn to love it. I am excited about the new home curriculum.
conference treats
In the evening Grace and I went to the stake center for the women's session.  They had desserts and visiting first.  Grace had lots of friends there so she abandoned me and went off with them.  We had a fun time. I got to know some new sisters.  The girl who sat next to me is in the frog choir at Universal! so fun!! I love that choir!


I love Elder Uchtdorf.  He is always so full of hope and good cheer.

All of the talks and messages were amazing.  President Nelson had a special challenge for the sisters.
1. a 10 day social media fast
2. read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year
3. make temple attendance a more regular part of your life
4. participate fully in RS.

3 out of 4 will be easy.  The social media fast will be hard. I started though.  I decide I would write but not read blogs. No FB, or instagram.  No scrolling through pinterest randomly.  I did have to look up a pinned recipe because we want to eat and we are having a friend of Rob's from work over for dinner tonight and so I had to.  I think looking something up is fine.

I'm looking forward to todays messages.

Update:
Conference today was wonderful. Rob invited a girl who works for him over for dinner. She just moved here and is all alone. She’s Sierra’s age and was super cute and fun. 

We had an air conditioner clog. Luckily Rob was able to fix it. He’s very handy around the house. 

Lots of new temples announced! Lots of great counsel given. Can’t wait to start studying the talks and refreshing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment