Tuesday, October 2, 2018

50/50

Some days are frustrating, some fun. Most are 50/50 so you just have to decide which part to focus on.
I got our Halloween decorations out yesterday. Definitely fun!
Hannah and I went to Bath and Body works and stocked up on soap. I love it there and love to have the seasonal soaps in my bathrooms. 
Last night we had a trio of elders over for dinner. Also fun. We had a Mexican style dinner and brownies with blue bell.

Family scriptures. We’ve had a hard time finding our rhythm since being in the new house. It’s time to make that more of a priority. We did great in the hotel and for the last year so it can be done:)

Today I had sub training. It was more annoying than fun. Every state does it differently. Here you get hired by Kelly Temp Agency. They have many hoops to jump through. Before I could even be interviewed I had to do about 6 hrs of online classes and tests. Then I had to gather all the required paperwork and make an appt, which was today. The appointment consisted of 3 hours of being lectured on everything we learned online. (My least favorite thing. I hate when a teacher gives you a packet and then basically reads it to you and this was the equivalent.) Then we had a test and then we could be interviewed. 

After that, if you were selected, (which I was) you got fingerprinted and then got to drive across town to pee in a cup for a drug test. When the results come back I will get to go to another orientation day. 
All this to make $45 a day less than I did in CA. So I guess there is something I miss about CA -the sub pay.

Hannah also had a frustrating day. She and Sawyer share a car. So she had to drive him to work, then he got sick so she had to go get him, then she got to go to work where she had a very crabby lady at one of her tables. 


Luckily we got to go to the temple tonight. (Although Rob had an unusually frustrating time there). After we went to Hawkers for their small plates. Everything we tried was delicious! We ordered several things and then shared. The purple rice pudding with mango sorbet was very tasty. We also had bao, jasmine rice with shrimp, duck curry, deep fried shrimp and pork balls and something else- I forget what.

No comments:

Post a Comment