Sunday, July 15, 2018

Reggie's baptism day

Hannah, Kenz and Jo
Reggie takes a flying leap!


beautiful and delicious cake
Saturday was my last day in Utah.  Dani and Greg hiked Mt Timpanogos.  They got up at 4am and it took them 9.5 hrs round trip.  They saw a moose and mountain goats and I am super impressed with their efforts.  In the meantime I kept the kiddos.  We slept in late and got breakfast at McD then headed to the pool to meet the family.  The pool was closed when we got there so we went to mom's and hung out until it opened.
Poor Deo was sick.  Andrea and Yoho had lots of prep to do.  Alec, Kelly, Val and Ryan and I ended up taking the kids (this included Joneaux, Reggie and Noah) to the pool.  Kenz, Jo and Spencer, Hannah and Sawyer were also with us so we had plenty of adults. We picnicked and swam for a long time. Joneaux is a fish in the water.  Reggie is really good too.  Those two boys had a lot of fun going down slides and hitting the lazy river and the diving board together.  Noah also can swim.  He got tired more easily so we followed him closely as he wasn't in floaties.  The pool was nice and we had  fun time.  I think it helped pass the time while we waited for the evening to arrive.
all the men who confirmed him
After swimming we went home and everyone got ready then we went to the baptism.  It was really nice. Reggie looked very handsome and there was a lot of family there to celebrate with him.
Me and Tatum at dinner
We went out to dinner after.  Andrea picked the perfect place, it had a back room that we could all fit into.  The food was yummy and there were a lot of us so it was great to have our own space.  It was noisy and crazy in the best way.  The kids were free to move from table to table and say hi to people, to play together and to relax and eat with all the grown ups.  That's not an easy feat for a dinner out.

siblings
Since all the kids were together ( a rare occurrence) we took some quick pictures after dinner then went back to mom's to talk some more.  We looked at old pictures and just had a lovely time.  Heaven will be like that, family together.  I left around 11 because today I had to do the long drive home, so I missed butt charades and the last hours of hanging out. Some time soon we'll be together again, hopefully.
behaving
Today I drove home.  It was long but I made it safely.  I listened to general conference and sang along loudly with the hymns.  

I got released as YW president today.  Ethan blessed the sacrament for the first time.  Rob moved to FL to start work.

the whole family
I feel like I've been on the road for a month.  At the same time it went so fast.  I loved spending time with so many loved ones and will really miss them all now that I'm home again.
Also I am really tired and will be going to bed early tonight:)
ruffians




No comments:

Post a Comment