Tuesday, May 8, 2018

spring nights

Grace, Makayla, Lilly and Charlotte
Tonight was Mormon night at the Jethawks.  We took the youth since it was also our YW night.  It was pretty fun.  The evening was perfect, weather wise.  It was fun to visit with friends and to do something different than usual. 

Julie and I sat and chatted for over an hour.  I love that lady.

Ruby and Cora
Oh my gosh, the girls got a newborn photo session done and they look soooo adorable.  I can't wait to get a print on my wall so I can look at it every day.  So sweet!

FHE
For family night this week we talked about the blessings of having a living prophet.  I had gathered a bunch of quotes from President Russell M Nelson and we discussed them.  This last conference we had so many exciting announcements and changes.  Today we had another one.  The church is phasing out of scouting.  They have a whole new program for youth and children that will be unrolled in 2020.  I am not surprised as the scouting program has been becoming more and more liberal and leaning farther away from the teachings and standards of Jesus Christ.  I will be excited to see what the new program entails.  Also I am so grateful that we have a living prophet.  That he speaks on behalf of the Lord and that we have current revelation that helps us to navigate these trying times.  I have a great love for President Nelson, and for the men who have served before him.  I sustain him and will follow him.

No comments:

Post a Comment