Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Bullets

  • Random thoughts on a Wednesday morning.
  • Matilda likes to eat roses. Weird.
  • I’ve been scrubbing the shower. It’s been yucky. It turns out that baking soda and bleach, mixed together into a paste and smeared on for 8hrs is a great cleaner. But it’s not good enough yet so next I am trying vinegar and dawn, which is also supposed to work.
  • Last night the YW finished their paintings.
  • After choir and before mutual we tried a new restaurant. I don’t remember what it’s called but it serves chicken and waffles and is right next door to a new ramen restaurant. We ordered and sat down but it took longer than we had so Grace and I left the boys and went to YW. Ethan had his AP test that day and also a ton of homework so it was already decided that he would miss mutual. The boys ate there then brought ours home to go. The reviews were mixed. Grace liked the chicken but not the waffles. I liked both a lot and would go back happily, even though I ate it reheated 3 hrs later. Ethan said he liked it. Rob thought it was okay but overpriced.
  • I’m looking forward to trying the ramen place.
  • Yesterday I subbed PE and got a lobsteresque sunburn. Dumb.
  • The school district I interviewed with, and did the demo lesson with, called me yesterday.  They want me to come in tomorrow, which I think means they are offering me a job. This is both good news and no news at the same time.  I am glad they want me, if they indeed do.  If we were staying here I would be/will be happy to take the job and work.  We have some credit cards that we just haven't been able to get out from under and that would be an awesome way to quickly wipe it out.  If we move then it's not really news at all as it will be irrelevant.  Rob thinks we will for sure move and I am fine with that.  We are taking steps now to make that as easy as possible if/when the time comes. I am not as confident.  He actually has work here and no offer elsewhere (although there are a couple places expressing interest and with whom he will interview next week...so probably).  I don't like to get my hopes up/borrow trouble from the future (two sides of the same coin) until we know something.  So I guess I will say yes, if offered a job, and just hold off on signing a contract until we know something for sure.
  • Monday night we had company for FHE/dinner.  The Willis family recently moved into our ward.  We invited them.  There is a husband and wife (Bro. & Sis. Willis) and Wanda's sister Elva (all in their 70's-early 80's).  Also two grandchildren, who are young adults.  Rob smoked meat and we had a lovely evening.  They are very interesting and have led lives that are varied and different from ours, which is fun to hear about.  They are irons in the fire kind of people.  Bro. Willis is writing a book "Panther to Priesthood" about his conversion story.  They are also working on a documentary about African Americans in the church.  Elva worked for CBS for many years, as well as many other jobs and is really on the ball.  Their conversion story, and perspective were both fun to hear about.  The kids enjoyed having company over and it was a very pleasant evening.
  • We have been the victims of identity theft.  Huge pain in the neck.  So we are dealing with that.
  • It's been windy.
  • Tonight I am making coconut lentil soup for dinner.
  • While doing laundry yesterday I washed Grace's gym clothes....then I realized I haven't seen Ethan's in months.  Phew!
  • Speaking of Ethan, we have soccer balls in every room of the house.  Literally. FYI
  • 15 more days of school!
  • 2 more days of seminary!!
  • I love summer!  Can't wait for our big road trip.  I am hoping everything will work out smoothly for that, whether we move or not move.  I think it will.



  • love this picture of me, Val and Anna from Hannah's wedding.  We all look nice.  
  • I want to lose weight, although to be quite honest I really don't even know how.  I know there is a simple formula.  Eat less, move more.  The application is what seems to elude me.  If we stay here, and I work, I may try eating "dirt" again.  It really worked and was easy.  
  • I finally spent my kohl's GC today. Got some shirts, a pair of pajamas,  and two more plates in different colors for my collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment