Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Hannah moved apartments today. She takes her finals this week and the new semester starts next week. Moving is a lot of work and it took her all afternoon, at the end she was rewarded with this view from her window. Nice!

I subbed 3rd grade today. The class was really good and we had a fun day. One little guy had some trouble not throwing things on the floor. The first time he did it  I had him pick up 25 pieces of trash. The second time 50 and the 3rd 100 pieces of trash. After that third time he came up to my desk and said he wasn't going to throw any more things on the floor. To which I said "good" and then he had a good afternoon, so I was glad. 

Grace had choir this afternoon. She had to wear her concert dress to see if it still fit. It did. I'm glad we don't have to buy a new one. They are working on Christmas music and I can't wait for her concert!

After dinner we went to Farley's for gelato. I always get the grisbi flavor, it is so delish!

I read a good book this week. It's called "the midwife's revolt", set in the days of the American Revolution. She's a midwife, a young widow, and a patriot. She  ends up dressing like a man and being a spy. So there is midwifery, revolution, historical fiction, strong women, women's friendships, romance and spycraft. How could they go wrong? :)

Tonight Grace and I took Z for a walk. She is fully recovered from her knee surgery and is doing really well. I am grateful and glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment