Friday, September 15, 2017

a little interview

I sometimes like to ask Ethan thought provoking questions while we are driving together.  I have to force him to answer because he almost always says "hmm, I don't know" at first. I am training him for when he's grown and I am not there to see what his life looks like on a daily basis, then he will know how to tell me about it. Boys :)

This morning I asked him what he would do if someone gave him $10,000 and he had to spend it this week.  He opened with "IDK".  Then after a minute he said he would buy a soccer ball.  I agreed that he needed one and then said "assuming you bought a really  nice one that still leaves you will $9,990." So he said he would buy a backup soccer ball. Then he came up with: some clothes, "pants and stuff "and a car for when he can drive.

Yesterday I asked him, besides dad who are your male role models? He thought for a few minutes and then said definitely Bro. Silva and Bro. Pincock.  He also admires Alec, Bro. Chronis, Greg and Clayton and both of his grandfathers.  I was really happy to hear his list.  These are good men and I am glad he has mentors he can look up to and emulate.

Interestingly he came up with that answer rather quickly.

I love that boy and am so happy to be his mom.  He's a good, smart, kind, calm, giving young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment