Saturday, August 13, 2016

Ward beach party

Yawn, I am suffereing from a post grandkids whirlwind fun visit exhaustion compounded by a throwing a huge and successful party coma and a day in the sun beach social fatigue. This is how I know I am an introvert.  I am very friendly and love to be with those I love, family & friends and even new aquaintances but it's something I gear up for and then recover from.  After a trip or visit I always need a decompress, declutter, big breath.  After a party I can sleep for days.

This morning Dani and Sierra and the kiddos left.  It was such a fun visit.  Those children are smart and obedient and delightfully clever.  We read lots of stories and swam lots and had lots of good times together.  It is really nice to have grown daughters too and I enjoyed their trip.  It's so fun for the kids still home to be with their older siblings and to have that close relationship with them.  So grateful.

Right after they left we got ready for our ward beach party.  No one wanted to go.  The kids especially were complaining.  Rob actually did want to go but I had to force myself and them.  We were tired.

As is typical once we got there it was great.  It was sunny but windy and so I thought it was a bit on the cool side but the water is beautiful and it was awesome to see friends and to visit.  We've lived here a year now and have really begun to settle in and feel like our new ward is full of friends.  Finally.  It's been a hard adjustment, really hard, but I can honestly say I love these people and consider them my friends now. And there are many up sides, like proximity to Utah/the beach/Disneyland/beautiful mountains/and gainful employment.

There were a good number of families there.  The young Silva's with their darling baby girls, The Higa's and their 3 brown babies, The Packam's who I love, Sprice is so fun and smart, Lisa and Finnley, Pres. Crawley and Tami,  the Bishop and Shauna, the Mintey's (Karen is a good friend), the Harvey's, the Alvey's,  and a new family the Evans.

Rob boogie boarded and swam with the kids.
Hannah sunned and swam and hung out with the teens.
Ethan played football and swam and also did the teen hang.
Grace swam and was with the older kids a lot too.  She didn't have a friend there but she did fine.

Ethan, Preston, Jase, Connor, Ty, and Bro(s) Alvey and Harvey playing ball. 


Ethan usually hates the beach but he enjoyed being there with friends.


When we got home we took a nap. (sweet!!!) then Hannah drove herself and Ethan to the stake dance.  What??? If I was a little less tired I would be worried but she's much more careful and they have to drive sometime right?

Dance update: fun was had by all:) Hannah did some snapping, which I ❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment