Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A day

Tatum started 1st grade today!! I got to FaceTime her after school and hear about her adventures. She loved it.
Sometimes I like to recount the minutia of my day, for my own entertainment really.

Today:
5am alarm goes off. Every day I hate that. Got up. Let dog out. Got boy up. Made lunches. Got boy out of shower and out the door (we have a carpool and I don't drive on Monday and Tuesday). As soon as he left I got Hannah up. While she got ready I swapped laundry. Once she got out the door I got Grace up. Same routine only add make breakfast, sign last minute papers and braid hair. I drove her to school and now it was 7:45.

I called the exterminator because we have ants in our bathroom. We had him out last week because we had ants in our bathroom but I guess they were pretty resilient because they're back. I was surprised to be told that he could come in an hour and a half or less! So I took a quick shower, made beds and then talked on the phone with mom as I cleaned the kitchen and waited for him to arrive. 
Percy likes to inspect my work.
This is during the morning phone call:)

He came at 10. 2 hrs later than the phone call but still not too bad. The extra time let me fold some clothes, clean a bathroom, have personal devotion time and talk to Jenna on the phone. 

After the bug guy left I went to Costco to get my newly ordered tires put on the flex. 
They ordered the wrong ones. 
Some discussion and debate later we were able to get tired up after all. This took 3 hrs. I got a lot of reading done.

Luckily I brought an interesting enough book and I was waiting without any toddlers so it wasn't all bad. I did miss my lunch date with Ramona:( but did get done in time to pick up Grace from school. 
When the tires were done I went to Walmart real quick for a picture frame and then waited outside the school for Lu. While I waited I visited with Val. 

We got home and Lu and I talked for awhile, hung up the new frame with picture in it, and folded the clothes from earlier. Then I went to get Ethan.

Then I talked to Tatum and Dani and fixed dinner for the kids and cleaned up in the backyard a little and in the house a little.

Hannah got home and brought some friends with her. They tie dyed shirts in the backyard and I painted my nails. Grace helped the big girls and Ethan did homework. 

When Rob got home we drove to Santa Clarita to meet Rob and Tori and Emma for dinner. We had a nice visit then drove home.

Meanwhile Josh picked up E for ym and Hannah drove herself to the Alveys for a presidency meeting (the girls have an activity on Saturday).

Got home. Checked on everyone. Hannah was still awake, E and G were sleeping.

Prayers and bedtime. 5am comes annoyingly early!

No comments:

Post a Comment