Friday, August 12, 2016

the party

Oh my goodness, it was a lot of work today.  I was very scattered, I am serious when I say I am concerned about my diminished mental capacity.  I don't know what is wrong with my brain...but thank goodness for Dani and Sierra.  They really helped so much.  Sierra did a lot of the baking today, and Dani helped with the decorating and the schleping and other cooking.  Tatum also was a big, big helper.  It was kind of crazy because we also had some car stuff we had to do and then of course you can't have a party without cleaning up a little extra.
Tatum assembling the straws.
But in the end we had everything ready and it really looked cute. And Hannah, who was a little grumpy about having a party ended up really having a nice evening.

the dessert table
We had all pink food.  We made pink cupcakes, and a little round pink "animal cookie" cake, snowball brownies, and chocolate rice krispe treats with pink drizzle, pink popcorn and we had pink candy.  It looked great.  For savory stuff we had pinwheel sandwiches with pink meats making the stripes, beet humus and crackers, watermelon, strawberry and grapes and also a pink punch.  I bought pink ice cream but completely forgot to bring it out.




When the girls first arrived we sat around our table and painted shoes.  I ordered little canvas mary janes in bulk from china and they all decorated.  Some girls were really creative and got into it.  Eveyrone said it was fun.

We had a good sized group come.  Emily and Heather, Shelby, Rylee, Camille, Katie, Sarah, Madi, LeighAnn, Gabby, Megan, Diana, Kelly and all of us plus after soccer practice Ethan brought Noah over. 

cute girls in their flamingo clothes


So they painted and ate then they hit the pool and swam and talked the rest of the night.  I'm really glad Hannah had a fun time.  I think it was really cute and it was fun to plan and put on.

pool fun!



sample shoe


No comments:

Post a Comment