Tuesday, August 30, 2016

back at the pool

After taking a summer break we headed back to the pool.  Grace was a little hesitant to go but I think she enjoyed it once we were there.  She is a good swimmer and I really want her to pursue this.  She said she doesn't ever want to go to a meet, which is fine.  I just want her to enjoy being strong and active.

Hannah drove herself and Ethan to mutual tonight.  This was a happy first!

I made a yummy dinner tonight.  It's called zesty lemon chicken.  I saw it on facebook and gave it a try.  It's super easy too.  You take chicken breast and salt and pepper them and fry them 10 min per side in olive oil.
Meanwhile make angel hair pasta.

When the chicken is done let it rest and saute red onions, garlic, red pepper flakes in your pan, add lemon juice and sliced lemons.  Return chicken to the pan and spinach and cook together.  Serve over pasta.  Yumm.  Grace didn't like it, she said she doesn't like "flavor".  Everyone else did.
Also here is the cute quilt.  I am really happy with how it came out.  The turtles took like 10 tries but now they look turtleish!

No comments:

Post a Comment