Saturday, August 20, 2016

saturday

I woke up this morning to see that I had missed a text from Denise, Daniel's mom.  He had passed away in the night.  I am sad for her and for his family and friends, but so happy for him.  Can you imagine the joy he is having now? I am sure he is tall and strong and full of energy and with the Savior. Ethan and I went to visit him at his home on Thursday.  He was on hospice care and was not doing well at all.  He did open his eyes for a minute at the end of the hour(ish) that we spent there and Ethan was able to say hi.  I don't really think Daniel knew but who knows?  The visit was sad.  He was really suffering. I am glad we went though.

After that start to the day the rest was surprisingly nice.  Hannah and I went to Sara's shower (Sawyer's sister).  It was very beautiful.  The decorations and food and everything she got were really really darling.  It was in the backyard and it was kind of hot but I enjoyed visiting and seeing the cute little pink outfits that she got :)
Grace and Makayla
When we got home Hannah turned around and left right away.  She picked up Shelby and they went out to lunch and to the mall.  Even though Han can't drive any minors (except her siblings) until she has her license for a year to their great delight she can take Shelby because she is already 18. They had lots of a good time.

Meanwhile Grace had Makayla over for the afternoon and the two girls spent 3 hours in the pool.  Good thing I had a new book to read.  It's called Delicious by Ruth Reichl and it kept me occupied and entertained even in the afternoon heat as I "life guarded", ran inside for drinks and snacks and judged their diving contests.


Rob took Ethan to his first soccer game of the fall season.  They had a good game, tied.  I was sorry I couldnt't be there to watch.
soccer captain
After dinner Hannah went out again, this time with Madi and Sarah, they went to the tri stake priest laurel activity.  That girl is busy!

Rob and I took the new jeep on a date night.  We went to the movies and saw Florence Foster Jenkins, which I thought was a very sweet story.  Riding in the jeep was a little like driving in a monster truck on an Indiana Jones ride.  It was a bit wild.  Rob likes it though so that's great.

And that's it for us.  Busy day full of friends and fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment