Monday, May 23, 2016

Tatum week

We get a week with Miss Tate before her family comes to join her. 

She is sleeping with Grace and both girls are quite happy with the arrangement.

We are still in school so it's just me and T during the day.
Grace's class planned a parent appreciation breakfast. It was so sweet. We had breakfast and saw her room and friends and T got to see her school.

After we went to the lava car wash and cleaned the car. Tatum was a huge helper. 
Then we went to Barnes and Noble. We sat and read books together in the kids section. I read some to her and she read some to me. It was awesome. Tatum is a good reader. We bought a getting ready for 1st grade workbook and a chapter book.
We went to the grocery store and she got to scan all the food in the self check out line. Something moms don't like to do but grandmas will. It only takes 15x's as long but she loved it!
After lunch we worked in her book, read a chapter and watched a movie. 

After school she played baseball with Ethan. When I went to get Hannah at the high school she wanted to stay and play. I was really glad because as I was driving down 60th the car in front of me started smoking and it flipped over and landed on its side against half in the street and half in someone's yard. I stopped and ran out to help. Luckily the driver, while disoriented and shaken, was able to crawl out the window. Another lady had also stopped and we helped him move away from the car, which was leaking gasoline all over the ground, and to sit down. I called 911 and we waited for the police to come. I was a little late getting H, and then even later because there was a second accident right in front of the school. It was crazy out there today.

When Hannah got home she and Grace and Tate went to the park to play.
For FHE we had a lesson on prayer and then played pie face! A hit!!! And I didn't get pied:)

We ate T's favorite dinner, everyone liked it. Had cinnamon rolls for treat. And read stories at bed time. 

Day 1 was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment