Thursday, May 12, 2016

beef and birthday

Grace finished her science project and turned it in today.  It looked really good.  It turned out that Gatorade and milk both killed the plants.  Water was the best.   We have 14 school days left.  Wow that went fast.  I love love love summer so I am excited.

Have you ever broken down 80 lbs of beef?  Before today I never had either but that's how I spent my day.  Heather Hook is our TREK cook and my stake assignment is to be her helper. She's awesome and so diligent.  We started at 8 am this morning and worked all the school day, then I went back in the evening to help her finish. It was kind of hard work, and kind of gross, but we had fun talking and getting to know each other. My knife hand is sore now.  I was pleasantly surprised that my back did fine.  I still have problems from time to time and this week was not a good back week, but today was the best day so I am very grateful for that.

Today is Rob's birthday.  I hardly saw him as it's his temple day and a work day.  He's gotten into wood working recently and got a bunch of tools for his birthday, but he ordered them himself so that didn't really feel too festive.
Maybe we'll do a better job celebrating tomorrow.
Either way I am grateful for a good husband and wish him a wonderful next year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment