Thursday, October 1, 2015

Kindergarten nightmare

I subbed in kinder today. I was actually kind of looking forward to it, I have spent a lot of time in kindergartens and its always been great. 
Today was awful. Where to start even??
I got there and they don't have paras here. Which was surprising but okay. There were 9 kids on behavior plans, which does not mean they behave soooo well that they are regularly recognized for being great citizens. 
The teacher left a stack of worksheets and nothing fun to do. 5 year olds don't do that well with worksheets. 
And so it began.
I'm not sure what was the worst part of the day. Was it when a kid threw up? Or when one pooped his pants? Perhaps it was when a mom brought in surprise birthday cupcakes 10 minutes before dismisal or when one little darling, during clean up, crawled around the floor pretending to pick up trash while actually biting his friends on the ankles.  I'm not sure. 
It was chaos. 

I came home and plopped on the bed with my remote and my stash of Halloween candy, note to self don't buy Halloween candy until October 31. 
Also Rob's back is bad still :(

No comments:

Post a Comment