Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Devils Punch Bowl


Ethan loves to climb the rocks
Since my car is still en route I drive Rob to work in the morning and pick him up.  It's not really inconvenient for me, although I think it probably is for him since he can't leave for lunch.  He goes in to work early so I was back a little before 7.  I woke the kids up and told them to hurry and get dressed, that we were going to go hiking.  We grabbed some stuff from the breakfast area and got out of the door quickly.  I wanted to get there and done before the heat of the day. The kids had never been to Devil's Punch bowl and were looking forward to it.  They all want to do a lot of hiking and rock climbing and bike riding and other outdoorsy things.  I think that would be great.
Grace was very brave
Our outing was a success.  They had a lot of fun hiking down to the bottom and then climbing on the rocks.  We took some pictures, sat on the bottom and talked and looked at the plants and animals (lizards) and enjoyed the fresh morning air.  Grace was a little worried about mountain lions but I assured her we were extremely unlikely to see one.
Hannah enjoying the sights
After scrambling around for awhile we headed back up.  Z was a good little hiker.  Han and Ethan were much faster than Grace and I but we all made it and liked it.  Grace did cry the whole way up.  After we were done though we spent some time in the nature center and she loved talking with the ranger and looking at the animals.  
my little billy goats

No comments:

Post a Comment