Sunday, October 19, 2014

i love to see the temple


Our temple was closed for cleaning for a month.  Now it's open again.  Rob and I went after the kid stuff was done.  It actually turned out to be a great day to go, Hannah had Loraine over to hang out, Ethan was invited to Sar's and Grace to Maggie's and both their parents agreed to bring the kids home so everyone had something fun to do for the first several hours then they just spent the evening together and went to bed.  
I love to go to the temple, I always have.  It is such a place of peace and refuge.  A place where you can do such meaningful work.  It is a place of insight and learning.  
Last night was very instructive as well. Growing in understanding is a precious gift.  I love the feeling when my mind is learning: there is something there, something to know and understand and I can feel the edges of it and I know it's there but I can't quite get it, so I search and wait and ponder and then sometimes a little light shines and a pearl of truth becomes clear and it fills me with joy, and a sigh of contentment and gratitude. I have been given a gift,  knowledge that will help me be better, do better.  For some, I imagine, this is frequent, for me it is rare.  Usually I learn much more in the "line upon line, precept on precept" fashion often not realizing that the learning has happened until later when looking back I see growth or have a different perspective.  A slow, slow meander down a stream but sometimes you hit a tiny rapid and how fun that is!
 Anna went to visit Andrea and Yoho this weekend.  They took the boys to the Phoenix temple open house.  We chatted Friday night late into the night as she drove.  R and E were on a scout camp out so I had all the time in the world.  Anna is so good at being there for the important stuff. What do you call that gift, or talent?  The being there when you are neededness?? I admire that.

I love knowing that my family loves the temple.  Jenna and Clayton also went to the Palmyra temple yesterday.  They go often.  Dani and Greg go often, Val and Ryan go often.  Sierra goes often and does baptisms. Dad goes every day :).  Mom and Dad go often.  Anna and Ama go often.  We are a temple going people (our little clan) and this brings me such happiness. Our littles love to go and rejoice at the opportunity. Everyone who can go, goes as often as they can...which is wonderful :)


No comments:

Post a Comment