Wednesday, October 29, 2014

bubbles


this girl
Ethan had a "day off" today.  Last year he asked me if he could take a mental health day this school year.  I thought about it and decided he could have one.  He asked last night and I double checked that he wanted to take it so early in the year then agreed.  We watched TV until late and then he slept in late.  I thought we'd go to the movies or on a picnic or something fun but he wanted to stay home.  It was so disappointing.  I did force him to go to the store with me and we drove through Wendy's.  Big day.  Silly boy.

He said if he was writing this blog he would say "I was so disappointed.  Ethan was home "sick" and I wanted to go to the movies but he did not.  I wanted to go on a "fun picnic" but he did not.  I wanted to go hike but he didn't so I changed my plans and instead lectured him on how he wasn't living up to his potential because he has a 90% and plays too many video games" Then he laughed.  Smarty pants.

Despite having one less kid to get out the door the process took longer than usual.  Hannah texted soon after leaving the house that she forgot her calculator.  Then she texted that she forgot her water bottle and to take her medicine.  Grace and I tried to leave early to take those things to her before the bus but Grace was uncooperative and we barely got out the door.  Then Matthew (next door) called , he missed the bus.  So we drove him and on the way realized that Grace left her assignment at home so after we dropped off Math and found Han we went back and got Grace's and then she missed the bus so I got to drive all the way to Lexington Park (an hour round trip).  Great morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment