Saturday, October 11, 2014


a place I haven't seen a lot of the last two days
This has been a week that has been a little busier than is normal. I had 5 nights where I had the opportuity to be out of the home on a church assignment, plus the days were busy too.  Now I was not gone 5 nights, but that's still a lot.  It's YWIE season so that means a lot of extra visiting.  Tuesday LP ward had theirs, Becky and Jamie went.  Wednesday was our regular mutual night.  I went and sat at the church as all the children had meetings.  Ethan had his board of review or star, and he passed.  He's moving right along. Thursday we had AP/YW meeting which was good and needed but I got home late. We alwyays have good gospel discussions and plan a lot of great things for the  youth.  Friday I had a girl scout training in the middle of DC.  I left that house at 5:30 am and spent the day getting first aid and CPR trained.  To take our girls anywhere we needed a first aider and to camp we needed a camp trained person.  At first Teresa and I were both going to do both. The camper was two weekends in a row including Sundays.  The first aider cost money and was in DC.  We decdied to divide the duties and I quickly volunteered for first aid, I would rather pay and have Sunday for the Lord.  She was also thrielled with the arangment so that worked out well. Anyway the trainging was fine.  Interesting enough and the drive there and parking wasn't bad.  The drive out was a bit painful.  Particularly when I lost my gps for a minute (because R called and I ansewered, on blue tooth) and so I ended up seeing a new monument, Iwo Jima, which was cool, except it wasn't and the traffic was bad and I was not happy about more time in it!

I went straight from there to Tara's house and she Becky and I spent the evening making stuff for our stake youth actiivty and for the stake auxiallary training.  We had a great time together.  We got it all done (mostly) and laughed a lot and talked a lot.  Joe, Tara's husband, got new orders and they are moving after Christmas, to Missouri.  I will miss that girl A LOT!!!

So I got home at 11 and it was a long but productive day.  Rob held down the fort and caught dinner with his trusty little fishing buddy!
Home coming week continues with zoo day.  They also had spirit day and wacky tacky day!
zoo day

No comments:

Post a Comment