Thursday, October 30, 2014

halloween eve


practice makes progress
I went visiting teaching this morning.  I have a new companion, as of last month, Dixie, and she and I get along well.  We visit 3 sisters.  A mother and daughter and my next door neighbor :)  This morning we did a drop by treat for the mom and daughter, who both work and don't really come to church although they do let us visit from time to time.  Then we met Darlaina and the corner coffee shop for sandwiches and coke.  We sat outside in the warm October sun and talked for 2 hours!  It was lots of fun.  Baby Alva was darling, my sandwich was tasty and besides getting a sunburn on my chest (huge surprise) it was perfectly delightful.

I came home and decided to make Halloween cookies for Rob to take to work tomorrow.  This was a last minute decision so I don't know how it will go.  In the past (both other times) I made the cookies one day, frosted the next, and declared them ready the third.  This insured that everything was hard and ready to travel and eat.  I baked until dinner time, then decorated until midnight.  I hope they are ready in the morning.  If not I guess they will make good trunk or treat treats Saturday night.  My cookie skills are coming along.  I think I need some more refined tools because I can't get the fine lines I'd like, and I get tired along the way and kind of just want to get finished so the last ones don't turn out as well.  I need to stay the course, or have a friend to share the work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment