Sunday, January 5, 2014

weekend recap

Saturday: Dad went to work. Ethan played with John. Grace played with Arden. I went grocery shopping. Hannah watched Dr. Who.  Not all those things at the same moment of course.

Saturday night: Hannah and I went to the stake dance.  She to dance, me to chaperone.  I forgot to take any pictures but she looked very pretty.  I googled church dance images however nothing looked remotely like what a stake dance looks like so….  Jodi and I drove a car full of kids up, on the way home we stopped at McDonalds because everyone was starving.  The YM were in charge of the food and for some reason decided that a hot chocolate bar was enough. (shoulder shrug).  Anyway we got home late late and we were tired.  Everyone had a good time though and the wards who decorated did such a nice job! It looked very winter wonderlandish! Loved it!!

Today, being the first Sunday of the year, we got our new church time and the kids met their new teachers.  I love the 1pm.  We were very well rested when we got to church and it didn't even matter that we were out late.  Or that we had quite the interesting night.  Z woke us up in the middle of the night to take her out, which is very unusual.  We thought she didn't feel well.  I took her out and sat on the porch step in my winter wear watching her pick her way through the snow looking for a good spot. R, in the mean time was searching out a fire alarm beep that started at the same time.  Neither of the two actives were ones we wanted to be doing at 3 am.  We went back to bed and some time later I woke up to the sound of throwing up.  It was Z and it was all over my pillow.  I was not happy.
We got that cleaned up and got back to sleep and then next time we woke up it was much later in the morning than we normally sleep, the house was quiet except for Lu in her room making bracelets and watching Disney.

Fast and Testimony meeting was very nice.  The children were happy with their new teachers and we came home to have a yummy dinner together and to watch Star Trek.

No comments:

Post a Comment