Thursday, January 16, 2014

All tucked in

You can barely see little Lu snuggled in amongst the stuffed animals. But she is there warm and snug and ready for a good nights sleep. I spent my day getting ready to have the girls arrive. We washed the sheets and put out fresh towels, went to the store for some diapers and baby snacks and made sure the toys were ready. Then we headed off for the airport. On my way I called Val to chat. Much to my surprise Dani answered the phone. I couldn't figure out what happened; after some discussion it turned out that I had the wrong day! They are arriving today not yesterday:( 
I turned around and went home, gathered up all the children and took them to Panera bread, then we went to the church. It saved Rob a drive he would have had to go home and get them and then turn around and go back. Grace had fun at activity days they planned their calendar year. She has amazingly awesome leaders! They really go the extra mile to make it nice for the girls. Hannah's group played human foosball. She said it was kind of crazy. Ethan went to scouts. I sat on the couch and talked with the other mom's. It was a good night.
Amazingly even though I did a lot of picking up and cleaning yesterday there is still cleaning to do today. How does that work?

No comments:

Post a Comment