Monday, January 27, 2014

the Penny Channel


someone commented on an instagram photo of Dani's and said she wished there was a Penny channel so that whenever she needed a dose of cuteness she could turn it on and watch.  I agree.  I miss that little Penny Jane!

Our day of rest was, as usual, quite not restful.  We got up at 5 and headed to the airport, R and I both went and they dropped me at the stake center for stake council then dad headed the rest of the way to the airport and helped them get settled. Then he came back to wait for me.

Stake Council was wonderful.  I had the very special and uplifting experience of hearing a freshly returned sister missionary give her mission report.  She served in Riverside, CA.  The Spirit was so strong in the room as she shared her testimony and talked about missionary work.  Then we had a presentation from the area public relations team.  This was very interesting. It is a real privilege to attend this meeting and I always leave instructed and uplifted.

Since R was there we got the chance to sit and council with Bro. Reed.  Also a very good experience.

Then we came home and got the children ready for church and went to church.  The Hart's spoke, I enjoyed both of their talks and in RS Jennifer Lyons taught about mental health.  Grace invited Madison to come with us and she was a reverent guest.

In the evenings we had our YCL meeting, Jodie and Becky went.  I went to bed early.

Today I did some laundry and cleaning, walked the dogs, met R for lunch, went to the MVA (a story that if I elaborate on will end up a complaint), went to the barn for an icy riding lesson for Lu (which we both still enjoyed), had pizza for dinner, had FHE, went on another dog walk and talked with cute JaNee on the phone who is being induced tomorrow.  Can't wait for the newest little baby in the family to be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment