Monday, December 16, 2013

Sunday


Ho Ho Ho
We had plans to go to see the temple lights and attend the Jenny Oaks Baker concert at the visitors center on Sunday night. Plans is the operative word, they didn't come to fruition.

Saturday night after our friends left, the dogs I headed out, in the rain, to walk to the Buxtons to pick up Hannah.  It was chilly and my feet got wet because I chose my footwear poorly but it was really only drizzling so that was okay.  She and I walked back together and it was really pretty, cold and dark but lots of folks had their Christmas lights on and they were extra sparkly in the misty night.  Hannah is always chatty at night and had lots of say about the party and her life.  We got home and dried off and went to bed.  Unfortunately I didn't sleep well, which is pretty atypical.  My back was hurting and I think more than the actual pain it was causing distress because I didn't want to start down that road again.  It was a fitful, restless night.  In the morning I had to leave early for church because I was heading up to La Plata to do some training for a new ward presidency.  I made sure the littlest two had their clothes ironed and were showered before I left and then Rob had the reins.  Anyway I took ibuprofen and got up and moving and felt better, and still feel fine.  I am really grateful about that.  Gratitude aside I was still tired.  Training went well and I was able to attend WP1's sacrament meeting before and to visit a bit with Becky and Jocelyn after.

Meanwhile back at the home ward the children sang in Sacrament meeting and Hannah fixed Grace's hair really pretty.  Both cars got home about the same time and we ate lunch together, let the dogs out, and then settled into our afternoon.  Grace has swaps to make for her brownie party tomorrow night so she and I started working on them.  We also turned on the Sound of Music.  Hannah and dad joined us in the living room and Ethan disappeared to the basement.  Dad fell asleep on the couch, he was tired.  Our plan was to eat dinner early, head to tithing settlement and from there drive up to DC.
I was tired and wanted to nap not make swaps.
Rob was tired.
We decided not to go.
The children were disappointed.

After tithing settlement we came home.  I made dinner and then put on my pajamas.  The kids all piled on my bed with me.  I had my book, which I finished and enjoyed "The Story Teller", it had twists all the way to the end, and was a good story which examined the nature of good and evil on many levels.  Thought provoking and entertaining.  I wish someone else has read it so we could talk about the ending, and if sometimes doing evil but not wanting to makes you less evil, and if someone good does something that is traditionally thought of as bad but for a good reason is it still wrong/sin….and most tragically if you ruin someone else's life while trying to absolve yourself of guilt, or with a sense of setting something right which is the greater evil?? Is telling a lie ever a selfless thing to do?
 Ethan had the lap top with sports on, Hannah had her lap top playing music and sang for us "Your Song" many times as she is auditioning for a part in the school musical today.  Grace had my phone and was watching youtube on it.  Ziva was on my pillow and Millie on the floor.  It was pretty funny actually.  R watched "Bride and Prejudice" downstairs.  The kids did some running back and forth from mom to dad and enjoyed a spumoni break in the middle.  Then we went to bed and while I was sad not to go to see the lights I was glad to be home.  



No comments:

Post a Comment