Sunday, December 29, 2013

music

Hannah has been playing the ukulele non stop since getting it. It is very fun for me, she sounds good and the songs are so pleasant.  Love it.

Today our sacrament meeting was all about music.  We had two beautiful musical numbers.  Also we had 6 speakers, they were all college students home for the Christmas holiday. They were each asked to speak about their favorite hymn and how it impacts them.  I thought they did an excellent job.  Each of them had good insights and the spirit was so strong.  I really was so happy to hear their words and their testimonies.  Good music is a blessing and a prayer.  I am the world's worst singer but I love the hymns and often sing them.

Yesterday R and I drove down to the temple for a special chapel and endowment session followed by a lunch, for the stake council and spouses and also the Bishops in the stake and their wives.  It was a very nice time.  I love to go with friends and to talk quietly after about things that are sacred and special, to share insights and to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment