Saturday, May 11, 2019

Band Field Trip

Today was the end of year band field trip to islands of adventure! Super fun!
I was a chaperone. We rode a lot of rides and had a lot
of fun.
Here’s a tip for you: if you ride the water rides first and get soaked!, which you will here, then it helps you stay cool for awhile. I didn’t feel too hot until 3-4. 

Hogwarts was my favorite but we also rode lots of other things and it was fun too. 

One thing I love is getting to know other people. My chaperone partner was a retired NYPD officer. He was on the force during 9/11. His wife was a paramedic and her partner was actually killed there.  That was a sad day. 
Now he works for a golf company. I didn’t really understand what he does but he likes it:)

The kids spent the last hour playing manhunt on the Jurassic park playground. 

I think everyone had a great day. We ate at the 3 Broomsticks. It was super hot so by the end of the day we were pretty sweaty and melty. All the kids were great. They were funny and excited to be there and to be together and they listened and were agreeable.


Also this cute witch is my hair spirit animal. When my hair is long it looks just like hers so I was excited to see this statue:)

No comments:

Post a Comment