Thursday, February 1, 2018

Busy


It’s actually quiet in the classroom right now...for the first time in over a week. A teacher had to have her appendix out and I am in her class every day until she’s back. We are anticipating that will be the 3rd week of  February. It’s a 5th grade class that is kind of awful. They are noisy and low and it’s been hard and I can’t wait to be done. 

Right now though, this minute, while I sit exactly next to Steven and remind him every 8 seconds to get to work, and while I field questions from the rest of the class and read the notes that are slipped to me saying “Billy moved seats” or “Felicia is holding a pen” I have a minute of quite and time to catch up.

Plus also I have been sick, just the stuffy nose & cough & cold but the combo is no bueno.
For mutual this week we learned about being the Saviors hands by serving others and turning our face towards him by following his commandments and reading and praying and being like him. Then we gave each other facials and manicures and ate chocolate. These girls are a bright spot. We are dwindling in numbers though, so I worry about the girls we don’t see very often, and worry about the ones that come (are we meeting their needs) and praying for move ins! 
We are nearing the end of this soccer season. We won yesterday and we continue to enjoy the games. It’s been great. 


Other than that we have wedding planning going on, I think I found a dress I like. We have a robotics competition this weekend, we clean the house (always always) and count down to twins and wedding and summer and Hannah’s endowment, and spring break, and Ethan’s court of honor, and warm weather. We are blessed with lots of great things to look forward to and lots of good things to be busy with right now.

Also we’ve been enjoying nature. Yesterday Grace and I stopped on the road and watched this beautiful hawk. Eventually he flew off but we got pretty close. And yesterday was also the super blood blue moon. It looked really neat. Orangey from the eclipse and kind of biggish.

No comments:

Post a Comment