Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wednesday

human knot
Commentary does not match the photos:
Monday night we had a nice FHE.  We gathered in the living room and sang a hymn and said a prayer.  Then we read and discussed a couple of chapters of the Book of Mormon.  We ended with family game time.  Grace was the conductor and she said we each had to choose a game and I got to go first.  I chose Kerplunk and it was fun.  Everyone played happily.  Ethan was next and he chose a round of Kerplunk, so we set it up and played again.  Everyone was laughing and having fun.  Dad went next and he chose Kerplunk, clearly a winner :).  Grace went last and she switched it up and had us play Wink.  No one realized it but we were at the table talking and playing for two hours.  This is not our usual and it was really fun.
1 minute charades
Tuesday was super busy.  I am still subbing in the 5th grade class.  Their teacher comes back next week.  So I worked, Rob worked, kids went to school.  Ethan had his second to last soccer game after school.  Grace had choir. Ethan stayed after to watch the varsity team for senior night.  I picked everyone up at 6-6:15, including Brody, we drove thru Carl's for Burgers and then went to pick up Charlotte and Levi for mutual.  

The YM were in charge of our mutual activity and it was a lot of fun.  We played some games, then Jon divided all the kids into groups of 3 and they were supposed to go and prepare some 1 minute skits.  That evolved into as many skits as they could get the other kids to guess in a minute.  They were supposed to pick scripture stories to act out.  Ethan's group was so.stinkin.funny!  They did 7 quick stories and we were rolling.  The one above is Joseph being stripped of his coat of many colors and sold into captivity.  My favorite was when Curtis was walking on water and Ethan (Peter) saw him from the boat (the table behind them).  Curtis beckoned him and E hopped out onto the little tiny water bottle and like a logger in a log rolling contest he shuffled over "walking on water". 
All of the groups were good but the Levi/Curtis/Ethan team was the hands down winner.

On the way home we had to stop at Walgreens for some school supplies for a project and then Ethan and Brody played xbox all night.  Brody spent the night because the high school was out today.  I don't know why.
last one off the field....every time.
This morning, for some bizarre reason both my alarm and Rob's didn't go off.  Unexplainable. R woke up at 7 and startled me awake with a shout of "it's 7!!" I leave the house at 5-10 after.  Yikes.  We bolted from the bed.  I brushed my teeth, hopped into my jeans and ran out the door.  Grace had to get her own lunch and R took her to school.  We all, miraculously, made it on time. 

When I got home from work I took E to practice, no school does not = no practice.  When I picked him up I was a few minutes late but that is not a problem as he is always the last boy on the field.  If anyone wants to stay and kick that ball he is game. This was the last practice.  Tomorrow is the last game. Tomorrow night he starts practice with his tournament team. Half an hour after the last game.  Phew, I was worried he'd have a long no soccer fast.

Today after practice I dropped him off at a new family in the ward's house to help unload their moving pods.  The 3 Harvey boys also went.  Those are good boys. After that he gets to go help R set up for the Emergency Preparedness Fair.

Tonight Grace is making dinner.  We won't eat until 8, when everyone is finally home. But that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment