Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sabbath day


Look how big this cute boy is getting!! Can't wait to see him!! Only 4 more days :)

I got a calling today.  I am going to teach primary.  The 6 year olds.  That'll be a lot of fun. I haven't taught primary in a really long time.  The Bishop set me apart today and it was very nice.  I felt the Spirit testify to me that the Lord knows me and is in control.  I miss our MD life very much but will serve and bloom here.  I am grateful for His help and kindness.  His grace that sustains me and His gospel to lead me.

Today we sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go", the 3rd verse touched my heart.

There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

After church we took naps.  Yes! Then we ate roast that we made in the crock pot and it was good.  Tonight we had seminary kick off meeting.  Tomrorow is the first day of school/seminary for Hannah.  It starts earlier here so it will be 5am wake ups for us this year.

Rob has a pretty bad summer cold.  Poor guy.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your calling in Primary! What a blessing to receive confirmation of God's plan through a hymn. I've experienced this before too. Sometimes moving was hard and nothing seemed to be working out, but then I would receive confirmation that this is where I should be and what I should be doing. One time it wasn't even a move, just a change in my calling. I remember sitting in Sacrament meeting crying the entire time. I didn't want to change my calling. However, I knew that Heavenly Father needed me to go and do this new calling. It was a good reminder to me that he knows us, he knows our talents and abilities, and he knows what we need to continue to grow. I miss your family!

    ReplyDelete