Wednesday, February 11, 2015

winter drags on

Hannah went to Holly's house after school to do hair.  I always like to go pick her up there because it's so pretty back where she lives.  The sun was just setting as I was driving down the lane and this farm house looked so quaint.  The picture does it no justice.  In my head I like to live different imaginary lives from time to time.  One of my favorite ones is life on a farm much like this one where; you can't see from the car window, iphone shot, but there are fields of horses right on the other side of the pond.  In that life the children and I are busy taking care of chickens, riding horses, refinishing furniture, fishing in the pond, making jam and sewing clothes and sitting around the fire at night reading out loud to each other :)

Yesterday was a 2 hour delay, my favorite kind of day. It's been cold cold cold and it was very icy that morning. In fact you could literally see a sheet of ice covering the deck and patio furniture.  Driving down the roads later in the day I enjoyed seeing the grasses and trees coated with sparkly ice and laced with icicles.  While we were driving home from school in the afternoon we enjoyed good timing as the ice hanging on the phone wires was just melted enough to start falling off.  Ethan wished we could drive right under a falling ice spray but even so it was fun to watch it come crashing down onto the ground.

pretty farm
Many months ago Pres. Sakai asked the wards to leave Thursday night free from meetings so that stake  meetings and interviews could have priority. For wards who share a building this was a bit tricky.  Our ward solved this by moving the additional meeting to peoples homes.  Last night I was asked to host and we had two sweet nurses, a mother and daughter team actually, come and teach child and infant CPR and what to do for choking. It was well attended and very informative.  I think we had about 30 ladies there.  After we visited and enjoyed some treats.  I am always happy to open our home for friends to meet, to have a party or  for no reason at all.
cpr training

No comments:

Post a Comment