Friday, February 6, 2015

Create


"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children."
Elder Dieter Uchtdorf
This has been a week of creation around here.  I bought fabric to make slipcovers for two chairs that I have never loved months ago, maybe a year ago.  But I don't know how to make slipcovers.  So I looked at them for a long time. And read about it and did some studying but no pattern buying. Finally yesterday I thought what's the worst that can happen? I waste a day and some fabric and in the end still have the same two chairs? So I decided to give it a shot.  I dragged my chair down to the basement, said a prayer and began to pin and tuck and measure and then cut and sew.  It turned out fine.  Not awesome but I liked the fabric and I have some ideas for the second one that might make it turn out even better.  Success!

This week Jodie and I had planned to make some cookies together.  Finally everyone was well and back in school and after I took Ziva out for a 14degree weather walk (brr) I closed the door to my laundry and messy kitchen and went around the block for a morning of baking fun.  We made cookie pops. It's very relaxing to decorate and to work together, my favorite kind of baking! And the cookies turned out pretty cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment