Sunday, February 15, 2015

Brrrr


Can I just say we are having the chilliest time around here.  My toes are cold and we freeze whenever we open the door to go outside.  It's been not fun.  Tonight Hannah and I went out to walk Ziva and the two dogs that she is doggie sitting and it was arcticly miserable.  My breath froze against my scarf.  I am dreaming of spring and the smell of fresh air and open windows and sunshine on my face.

Other than the freeze factor things here are pretty alright.  I had the opportunity to speak at the Anacostia Ward and Rob and Ethan and Grace went with me.  Hannah had some responsibilities here in our ward so she stayed and rode with Aubrey.  When we came home she had the table set and a yummy lasagna made so that was such a nice treat. Love having a chef in the family!
Rob said I did a good job on my talk so I was pleased about that.  Ethan helped pass the sacrament and I enjoyed watching him from the stand and was so proud of his reverent and prepared manner and that he was attentive and fit right in.  The theme of the meeting was the temple and there was a wonderful feeling in the room as the presence of the Holy Ghost was strong.  I was touched.

We had some trauma tonight.  During the before mentioned walk the rest of the family was supposed to get jammied up and then when we got back we were going to make chocolate chip cookie/ice cream sandwiches and watch Big Hero 6.  Great plan.  What could go wrong?
We came home and the couch was upside down, there was a cascade of debris falling around the room, the apple tv was no longer functional (Rob), the cookies were burnt (Rob) and the latch to the front door was broken (not Rob... and technically it broke yesterday but it seemed like a good addition to the list).  Then in the cleaning up of the remote searching, couch(S) dumping extravaganza a pen got sucked up into the dyson and clogged it (Rob). All this with Asa, from next door, who had been summoned for his tech support ninja skills, to witness our fine example of love at home. Awesome.  He is our home teacher so he really magnified his calling tonight, although I hate to hear the report he'll give later on!

So the girls and I came upstairs, Grace did her homework and then got tucked in bed.  Hannah and I changed the bedding on my bed because someone dropped something on it.  I am not sure what but it was near a gallon size spill so I am pretty sure it was not the 10lb dog.  Then we took turns picking dumb things to watch on TV.  Ethan and Asa built rockets and Rob shot bad guys.  A lovely end to a fine sabbath day.

And the forecast looks awfully chilly for the next few days.  I better hit the grocery store first thing tomorrow morning.:(

No comments:

Post a Comment