Monday, July 21, 2014

titleless


pile-it program
We've been making a list, checking it twice and then checking it again.  Also making piles of stuff not to forget.  Feeding just shy of 200 youth and ma's and pa's on the trail and just doing my tiny part to make sure trek goes well is a biggish endeavor.  We've got piles of pioneer clothes, food stuff, letters, camping gear and I don't know what else all around the house.  ....meanwhile we are trying to get the house clean and welcoming for Nana and Abba and UB.....meanwhile Grace is trying to keep herself occupied, to find stuff for me to do with her, to talk to me all day and pester me being a cheerful companion.  She finally broke out her legos and that has been a lot of fun....and there is nothing like a million legos laying around to really make a house look neat and tidy and company ready.
bird rescue
We did shopping today. A big check mark off the list of getting ready.  We dropped Z at the spa and almost stepped on this little guy who fell out of his nest.  A rescue effort was launched that took up a bit of our morning but who could walk away from a little feathered friend in need?
kings island
Hannah and Ethan got to go to King's Island today with Abba. I don't know for sure but I bet they are having a great time.

Grace went to Maggie's and I went visiting teaching late in the afternoon.

Grace shared with me an interesting although completely false memory she has.  She wants to be allowed to stay home alone for a while.  While trying to convince me she was ready she "reminded" me that last time Tate was here Dani and I let her baby-sit.  Oh really??
She claims that we were going to go to lunch but Tate was napping and she, Grace, didn't want to go, so we let her stay home but didn't even tell her Tate was home.  Not only that but we left her working with felt and then T woke up and wandered out and asked where everyone was so she, Grace, had to watch her unexpectedly until we got home.
False.
Yet she is insistent.

So, Dani and I left a 9 year old to baby sit a 4 year old without telling either one and further we left her with a sharp tool to stab away at some felt while we were out enjoying a leisurely lunch.  That's her story and she's sticking with it.

One more story, this one illustrating how much we love our dumb dog.  I was sitting on the couch sorting legos with Grace while Z was at the spa.  Grace sighed and said "I sure miss Z don't you?"  Yep.  (she had been gone about 2 hours at that point).  Crazy dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment