Tuesday, July 22, 2014

last day of Grace week



Grace did some pretty fun things this week.  Today Michelle took her to the pool with her girls, and the McCombs and the Streeter girls.  Pretty fun.  Then they played at her house.  

Grace didn't get to do all the things she wanted because we've been busy getting things ready and we've had some rough moments, that had nothing to do with getting ready and everything to do with being a precocious and sometimes snarky 9 year old :)

Anyway, she really wanted to go to Golden Corral so tonight I took her.  Cotton Candy for dinner is a two thumbs up event!

Getting ready is right on schedule.  I have a short list of things to do tomorrow.  I really hope Hannah's clothes fit her.  She didn't try anything on as she's been gone for weeks now.  

Last night I could not sleep.  It was so strange.  I wasn't worried about anything, I was on schedule for the things I wanted to get done and felt fine yet the hours ticked by.  Rob snoring quietly by my side.  Z curled up in a little ball.  Millie occasionally thumping the floor with her tail.  I was up until after 3.  It wasn't particularly unpleasant.  I did some reading on my phone, played that stupid 2048 which I am pretty sure I will never solve, did some thinking and some praying.  It was however very out of character as I rarely have any trouble sleeping at all.  This morning I woke up fine and the day went fine and now it's 10 o'clock and I am no more tired than any other night.  Weird.

Also, secret character flaw revealed: when I am getting ready to go somewhere, big, not like to the library, the getting ready is so much work and such a pain in the neck that I often decide that I just don't even want to go.  I have to force myself and am always glad in the end that we went but I can totally see why/how homebodies just like to stay put.  ...and when there are back to back trips, even ones I really want to take it's even worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment