Monday, July 7, 2014

EFY at SVU

How's that for some alphabet soup?  Today Grace and I drove Hannah and Chelsea to Southern Virginia University for Especially For Youth.  They were very excited.  The drive there took 5 hours, thanks to Siri's excellent short cut down sky line drive in the Shenandoah, beautiful but not quick.  We got there in time though and got the girls registered and set up in their room.  They realized they forgot towels...how that happened I do not know since the didn't even pack together but we quickly ran to Family Dollar and bought two towels and some snacks and two chocolate scented pillows for good measure and got back in time for them to start their groups.  I remember when Robin drove Meridith and Dani to EFY in San Antonio and took them out to buy sheets.  We still have our EFY sheets and I think about that every time I make a bed with them.  I hope the girls will remember their time every night that they lay down with their chocolate pillows.  The drive back was a much quicker 4 hours and Grace was a trooper.

Ethan, now 12, got to stay home alone.  He was responsible for the dogs, including Sophie next door that we are dog sitting.

When we got home I got  dinner for Lu and she and R went out fishing.  E and I went out to dinner.  While we were talking I asked about his day and he shared some of the trials of being home alone... like he didn't want to drink tap water and I hadn't left any fanta so he was very thirsty and there was no good lunch meat so all he ate was chips.  He said living room survival was probably harder than scout camp wilderness survival. Silly boy.

Now we are vegging on the couch.  9 hours of driving is a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment