Monday, July 14, 2014

Funeral


Today was the funeral of Francis Henry Thacker.  It was a very lovely service.  I actually enjoyed the stories and memories so much.  He was a good, hard working man.  I can't imagine living in the same place for 98 years.  He made such a impact on his community and in his family and did so much good during his 9 decades on the farm.
After the service the church served a very nice luncheon.  It was tasty and we had a nice time visiting with everyone.
I like this picture of me and Ethan and Hannah.  Ethan told me he has my eulogy ready.  "Mom, she was nice.  She was short, but her prayers were not  Thanks for coming. "  I laughed.
Uncle Brain, we love him.
Kids and grandparents.
After the service we all went back to the farm.  We did some more visiting.  The kids rode the gator around.  We looked at pictures. 

Michigan is gorgeous and the weather has been perfect.   It's so green and I love the wildflowers that are growing all over the place.  The sweatpeas are my favorite!

1 comment: