Friday, March 21, 2014

NYC

Hannah and I have been wanting to go to NYC together for a long time. Finally the right opportunity came up and we jumped on it.  Aubrey and Jodie came with us and today was our first day here.  I was worried because yesterday I didn't feel well.  When I took my temp. it was 101.8 so I put myself to bed, said a prayer and went to sleep.  Today I have been fine, although I find myself smelly and hope I am not offending my friends.  Strange.

Anyway, we caught the megabus, which is an awesome deal.  We missed our scheduled bus but got on the next one and had a pleasant drive.  Once here we found our hotel, which is old and the rooms are small but it's clean so that's great.

We dumped our luggage and started our fun.  It was a great day.  We walked around looking at stuff, shopped, gawked at the city...
Ate at Ellen's Stardust Cafe, where aspiring actors work as singing waiters.  Our waiter was Frenchy and we loved him. He even came and sang to our table.


We went to a 4 story Forever 21 where Hannah and Aubrey both found things to buy.  Surprise.
Then we went to see Wicked, which was just as amazing the second time!!!
On the walk home it was so crazy.  It was 11 pm, yet the streets were just as crowded and just as light as day.  We got some street food to bring back to the hotel and enjoyed a yummy middle eastern dinner in the lobby before turning in for the night.

Day One = Super Fun! I'm so glad to get to do this with Hannah and with our friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment