Friday, March 28, 2014

finally Friday


We've had some more snow and chilly weather.  There were a couple of teaser days that were warm (relatively speaking).  Luckily we didn't miss school but there are a lot of outside activities planned this weekend that are in jeopardy.  Tonight is supposed to be Ethan's first outdoor game of the spring season.  I don't know if it will be rained out.  Also tonight R is supposed to take the teachers quorum biking around the lake.  Tomorrow is our stake youth activity, planned outside at Greenwell State Park.  It's a great activity but the weather is looking really dicey.  

I've been wanting to recover our ottoman.  It's been pretty ghetto.  I found this fabric and it spoke to me so I brought it home and R helped me recover the old one.  I like how it turned out.  My decorating style is very eclectic, if I find something that I love that's what I go with. LOL
On Wednsday we had a half day.  Han brought friends home and we ordered a pizza and made cookies.  The girls had a fun time.  In the evening I went out to Bowie for their New Beginnings.  They had a wonderful program that was very uplifting.

One of the sisters in their area is a geologist.  She came and spoke about how a diamond is formed and then compared that process with the pressure and heat the YW go through to become the "diamond" that they are.  My favorite thing she said was that diamonds don't belong on the earth's surface, they are formed far below (100 miles or so) and are rare and beautiful on the surface.  Likewise our YW don't belong here, not really.  They are here on earth for a short time (100 years + or -) and then go home to our Heavenly Father where they really belong.  They are not earthy beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having an earth experience. Loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment