Monday, March 31, 2014

Elms Beach


Yesterday it was snowing, luckily it didn't stick.  Today it was still windy and not really warm but the sun was out and that made me feel very grateful as our twice before cancelled Elm's Beach field trip was scheduled for today. I don't know exactly how many elms field trips I have been on but it's at least 7.  Luckily I really do enjoy it.

The third grade trip is all about bird watching, vernal pools and of course saving the bay. I love to  walk about out there.  In the forest it smells all piney and the leaves crunch under your feet.  You have to balance on wooden planks over the pools, and I like to feel the gentle smoosh of moss as you walk through the sunny spots. We spotted 8 different birds and saw a salamander and also egg pods.
On the beach the surf made that wonderful water on sand noise that I love, the sand was wet and hard under our feet and there were lots of shells and rocks to collect. The sun sparkled and danced in between the white caps and the kids ran around and frolicked really.  We needed our jackets and hats but with the right gear we were happy as clams.
testing the water

No comments:

Post a Comment