Tuesday, February 25, 2014

dentist day

8:45: leave the house and make the rounds of three schools picking up kids to take to the dentist.
10:00 arrive at the dentist, right on time, with everyone's teeth brushed and it starts to snow.

between 10 am and 12 :15 we are tortured, although the children don't seem to mind.  I hate going to the dentist.
At one point I hear the hygienist talking to one of the children about a cavity..great, now we have to come back.
Later Hannah asks if she can see her mom, she walks in and asks why I am crying.  I am not.  But when I reach up I feel that tears are in fact puddling in the corners of my cheeks.  Still hating the dentist, always have.  I'd rather get any other kind of a check up.  Need some blood? no problem.  A quick look under the hood? have at it.  Squeeze my girls between cold metal plates? sure.  But the dentist?  no thanks!

12:15: we are done.  2 cavities between us, and one is mine!  One boy who needs sealants on his newly erupted big teeth.  A little girl who did just fine and doesn't have to come back until September. And a warning to "stop brushing like that, it's like you are sawing down a tree with the ruts you are putting in your teeth" and I won't even say what they said about my gums but I was instructed to buy an electric toothbrush, which I am not happy about because I do love to brush my teeth.

1: 30: home, whew! that was painful….and it's still snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment