Monday, October 28, 2013

monday

Yesterday was the primary program.  The children were sweet and did a good job.  My favorite was the last song they sang "A Child's Prayer", they knew their parts and sang really well.  Despite waking up at 7:50 we still were all dressed and clean and cheerfully sitting in the pew at 8:50, a small Sunday morning miracle especially considering we drive about 20 minutes to get to church.

Grace had Jackie come home with her after church.  The two girls played very nicely.  She got a rainbow loom, the newest craft craze, early this week and has been churning out bracelets like crazy.

Our home teachers came yesterday.  Always a treat to get a visit from Pete and Joey.

I had a stake meeting so had to leave in the afternoon.  R took charge of dinner (hot pockets) and took a bike ride in the neighborhood.  Lu played at the playground with friends and Ethan played football with the boys, they all spent a lot of time outside.  We did a lot of camp planning (for camp 2014) lots to do!

On the way to the meeting I got a ticket :(  Big sadness. I was going 54 in a 40 zone, got a warning for that but I had the wrong registration in my car and got a $50 ticket for that.  Darn it!

This morning I went to the audiologist.  Rob has been saying my hearing is bad, and he was right.  I didn't quite reach the mark on anything and have a more significant loss in my left ear than my right.  The good news is it's not quite bad enough that a hearing aide is warranted at this point.  The bad news is it will be someday.  The audiologist said it is likely from the multiple courses of radioactive iodine I had to kill my cancer.  So that's a good trade off...I am alive these 22 + years and I can't hear annoying car squeaks, the down side is I can't hear the kids well in the car behind me and some conversations are hard to hear..but that's a small price to pay.

Tonight for FHE R is making dutch oven stuffed apples ! Yumm! Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment